Welcome to Wainfleet, Ontario
Wainfleet is a rural township located in the southern Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada. The township is within close proximity to Port Colborne and Welland, providing easy access to shopping, restaurants, healthcare and public library facilities.
Living close to Niagara’s South Coast you will have your choice of festivals and outdoor activities. Enjoy golfing ( take a sneak peak with a virtual tour), cycling (plan your routes & rest stops), horseback riding, or explore the thrill of skydiving or wakeboarding.
Township of Wainfleet
31940 Highway 3, P.O. Box 40 Wainfleet, ON L0S 1V0 Phone: 905-899-3463
City of Welland
To explore all Niagara’s South Coast has to offer check out this website.
- Horseplay: Horseback ride along the beach of Lake Erie and through the unique trails of Niagara, Ontario.
- Skydiving: The Niagara Skydive Centre is Ontario’s full-time skydive centre, operating 7 days a week.
- Wainfleet Bog
- Wainfleet Wetlands Conservation Area
- Long Beach Conservation Area
- Mud Lake Conservation Area
- E.C. Brown Conservation Area
- Welland River Keepers
Community Centres & YMCA
- Wellandport Community Centre Canborough Rd, Wellandport, ON L0R 2J0
- Township of Wainfleet – Arena 31917 Park Street Wainfleet, ON L0S 1V0
- YMCA 310 Woodlawn Rd, Welland, ON L3C 7N4
- Township Of Wainfleet Public Library, Park Street, Wainfleet, ON
- Welland Public Library 50 The Boardwalk Welland, ON L3B 6J1
- Pelham Public Library – Maple Acres Branch, 781 Canboro Road, Pelham, ON L0S 1C0
Shopping & Restaurants
Below is but a small selection of restaurants and shops focusing on the Wainfleet, Pelham and Welland neighbourhoods. If you love local food and interesting restaurants be sure to take a look at the area around Dunnville.
- 2×4 Diner, 72004 Regional Road 27, Wainfleet, ON L0S 1V0
- Welland culinary guide
- Marshville Chocolates
- The Shoppes of Ridgeville
- Natures Corner
- The Broken Gavel
Farmers’ Markets, Community Supported Agriculture and Others:
- Pelham Farmers Market
- Welland Farmers Market
- Harvest Ontario
- Haldimand Country Visitors Guide
- Rumar Farms
Parks/Trails/Bike Routes/ Camping
- Haldimand War Memorial Hospital 206 John St, Haldimand, ON N1A 2P7
- Welland County General Hospital 65 Third St, Welland, ON L3B 4W6
Welland Farmers Market
The Welland Farmers’ Market has been a meeting place for residents and visitors since 1907. Learn more on the city of Welland website and click on the picture below for a list of vendors. Take a virtual tour of the market with Niagara Local.
The Niagara Central Dorothy Rungeling Airport, CNQ3, is a municipally owned airport operated by a Commission representing the communities of Pelham, Welland, Port Colborne, and Wainfleet. Located in the Town of Pelham, the airport has traditionally been referred to as the Welland Airport and is listed as such in the Canadian Flight Supplement.
JULY 29 – AUGUST 1, 2016: 2016 celebrates the 38th annual Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival offers activities and attractions that will enliven the senses. Vessels gather in Port Colborne each Civic holiday weekend, for a four-day celebration of history and heritage along the canal. Explore the decks, try your hand at the wheel, or feel the spray as you cruise the Empire Sandy, Tall Ship or the E.M. Cotter Fire Boat on Lake Erie.
The Canal Days Marine Heritage Festival encompasses the entire community, with activities at a dozen different venues: HH Knoll Lakeview Park hosts Ontario’s Largest outdoor Classic Car and International kite show. The Seaway Park children’s area has games, entertainment and kid’s activities throughout the weekend. (read more)
Homes Listed & Sold In Wainfleet
Thinking about moving to this area? Take a tour of recently sold or listed homes in Wainfleet, Ontario:
- Feeder Road West -4420 square foot, 6 bedroom century home.
- O’Reilly’s Road – luxury home with acreage.
- Old River Road – quiet country living on 1.5+ acres.
- Niagara Regional Road #27 – a beautiful riverside property.